Wednesday March 1
The Education Hub’s Dr Vicki Hargraves joins Nina Hood to talk about some of the key ideas emerging from recent early childhood research and how this research can inform teachers’ practice. She also offers insights into how teachers can navigate and engage with the wealth of information available on The Education Hub, identify areas of focus, and apply research evidence to make changes and improvements in their own practice.
During the webinar, Vicki made reference to a range of research and resources. We’ve compiled a bit of a list below but will also add additional resources to webinar page over the coming weeks. You might be interested in exploring:
- Resources on relational pedagogies, including specific resources on working with infants and toddlers and serve and return.
- Resources on supporting the social and emotional competence of children, including resources on scaffolding social skills and supporting children with challenging behaviour
- Resources on play and intentional teaching
- Resources on culturally responsive practice and neurodiversity, including working with autistic children
- the webinars Vicki mentions, including Tara McLaughlin and Karyn MacKay’s webinar on promoting children’s social and emotional learning, Anne Meade and Meg Kwan discussing Daisies’ approach to designing a local curriculum, and Jean Rockel and Emma Thompson’s webinar on relational practice with infants and toddlers.